Tonight’s dinner was a joint collaboration between the OH and I. We followed the recipe in the Super Valu magazine that they’re handing out for free.
The recipe was simple and easy to follow and we subbed oregano for the rosemary since we’ve run out. I personally wasn’t keen on the texture of the dough except for the crispy bits, that was yum. The OH loved it though and said he’d make it again. I’m thinking we may have undercooked it so next time I might leave it in the oven for a tad longer and see if the texture is less doughy…
Recipe from Super Valu issue 26, winter 2015, page 22
- 225 g plain flour
- 500 ml milk
- 3 eggs
- 1 tbsp whole grain mustard
- Salt and pepper
- 1 tablespoon fresh flat-leaf parsley, chopped
- 1 tsp fresh rosemary, chopped
- 100 ml olive oil
- 6 jumbo sausages
- Sift the flour into a bowl. Add a pinch of salt, the milk, eggs and wholegrain mustard. Whisk until smooth & season with salt & pepper. Set aside for 30 mins, then add the herbs.
- Preheat the oven to 220 degrees C
- Heat 1 tablespoon of the oil in a pan on a medium heat & brown the sausages.
- Pour the remaining oil into a deep set baking dish (about 25 x 30 cm) and heat in the preheated oven until just smoking, 5-8 mins.
- Carefully add the batter to the preheated oven dish and then place the sausages into the batter. Bake for 20 mins until golden and just firm.
- Serve hot with a baby leaf salad.